Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens offers high magnification in a compact and lightweight EF-S telephoto zoom lens with an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 3.5* equivalent stops for shake correction. The lens’ stepping motor and newly-designed focus mechanism support Canon EOS Movie Servo AF (available on select EOS cameras) to provide smooth and quiet continuous autofocusing during video shooting, as well as when shooting photos.
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens features one UD lens element, reducing chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast. It features enhanced lens coatings to help ensure superb color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare and a 7-blade circular aperture creates beautiful, soft backgrounds. For outstanding performance, a new compact six-group zoom system provides a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end. Full-time manual focus is available in AF mode. The front element does not rotate during focus, which is beneficial when using polarizing filters. Minimum focusing distance is 2.79 ft./0.85m. The lens’ rear focusing system, high-speed CPU and improved AF algorithm allow for high-speed autofocusing.
The EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens is scheduled to be available in late September for an estimated retail price of $349.99. For more information about the EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM telephoto zoom lens, visit www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/ef_lens_lineup.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review