Business Trends: Making The Most Of Your Travel Photography
Though travel photography
is one of the most sought-after careers in the business, it is difficult
to get started and even harder to get established. As a business, it
can be approached as both an industry-marketing message and a subject-marketing
For example, if you are working
with an ad agency, you can be shooting images for marketing an exotic
resort spa. If you are working with a magazine, you can be shooting images
that tell the story of the people that travel to such places. The key
of course will be access to the locations.
How did you first become interested in travel photography?
Brooks Institute had a heavy
influence on the success of my business start up. Not only did Brooks
provide me with a topnotch technical understanding of photography, it
also built relationships that ultimately led to my position here in India
as a photography teacher. I really can't say enough good things
about my experience at Brooks.
I have just completed teaching
a travel photography course for the second year full-time students at
the academy. During the course equal attention was given to the commercial
and editorial aspects of travel photography. The Indian market is just
waking up to the possibilities of what I would call "high-end"
consumer travel. This will create a great opportunity for the students
at the academy who decide to specialize in this area.
SB: How do
you run a free-lancer business and have this job doing so much travel
at the same time?
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe