Dan Monakil Has A Way With Color
An editor friend who helps produce an annual calendar for a photography company has a stock response for photographers who ask for guidelines about what kind of photos to submit. "Send in pictures that people will want to look at for a month," he says.
Viewing Dan Monakil's
photographs, it occurred to us that he takes precisely those kinds of
photos--graceful compositions, bright with color, that immediately catch
the eye; familiar, they nevertheless prompt repeated viewing.
- Checking Out the New Canon EOS M5 Flagship Mirrorless Camera at PhotoPlus Expo (Video)
- Travel Photographer Captures Gorgeous Long-Exposure Cityscapes at Night and You Can Too
- Here’s How to Create Believable Photos of People Levitating: No Magical Powers Required
- Former Surfer Creates Extraordinary Photographs of the World’s Ever-Changing Oceans
- Look at These Eye-Popping Macro Photographs of Damselflies and You Will Be Amazed