Dan Monakil Has A Way With Color
An editor friend who helps produce an annual calendar for a photography company has a stock response for photographers who ask for guidelines about what kind of photos to submit. "Send in pictures that people will want to look at for a month," he says.
Viewing Dan Monakil's
photographs, it occurred to us that he takes precisely those kinds of
photos--graceful compositions, bright with color, that immediately catch
the eye; familiar, they nevertheless prompt repeated viewing.
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Top Products of the Year: We Team Up with TIPA to Pick the Best Photo Gear of 2016
- Look What AP Photographers Used to Create All Those Great Images at the Rio Olympics (VIDEO)
- 7 Photographic Mistakes I Still Make
- 5 Quick Tips for Great Mobile Travel Photography