Dan Monakil Has A Way With Color
An editor friend who helps produce an annual calendar for a photography company has a stock response for photographers who ask for guidelines about what kind of photos to submit. "Send in pictures that people will want to look at for a month," he says.
Viewing Dan Monakil's
photographs, it occurred to us that he takes precisely those kinds of
photos--graceful compositions, bright with color, that immediately catch
the eye; familiar, they nevertheless prompt repeated viewing.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)