Don’t let low-light conditions cause you to miss another photographic opportunity. This informative guide solves that problem by providing information on gear choices, such as how to pick the right digital camera, lenses, filters, flash, and accessories for the job. Lee Frost then explores the fundamentals of understanding light, metering, exposure, and digital image processing. This wide selection of tips, tricks, and techniques are paired with sample images to make learning fast and easy.
Publish Your Photography Book; by Darius D. Himes and Mary Virginia Swanson; Princeton Architectural Press; $29.95; (ISBN: 978-1-5689-8883-2)
With interviews, case studies, marketing tips, and most of all encouragement for the creative process, the authors have made the case that photo books are indeed a worthy promotional and creative tool, as well as a valued legacy. The book is both a primer on photo books and a reality check on costs, the rigors of production and some of the pitfalls that can be avoided. Relying on extensive experience and contacts with some very creative photographers, the authors act as both guides and mentors for those taking on the often daunting task of either finding and working through a publisher or self-publishing their work. The many interviews with published photographers bring true voices of experience to the mix. There’s no question that photo books and modern technology are a match made in heaven for photographers; the question that’s answered here is how one can be engaged and make the experience part of one’s creative, and maybe even financial, fulfillment.
- Which Lens Is Best for Portraits: A Fast 85mm F/1.4 Prime or a Versatile 70-200mm F/2.8 Zoom? (VIDEO)
- Watch These Massive Siberian Tigers Feast on a Drone After Ripping It out of the Sky (VIDEO)
- 3 Legged Thing Corey Magnesium Alloy Travel Tripod with AirHed Neo Ball Head Review
- Learn How to Win Photo Contests with These Helpful Tips from Successful Shooter Lorenz Holder (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Mandy Lea Travels in Style to Capture Gorgeous Images of the Great Outdoors