BetterPhoto Basics: The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Taking Photos Like the Pros; by Jim Miotke; Amphoto Books; $21.99; (ISBN: 978-0-8174-0502-1)
Getting started in photography isn’t easy and most books are geared for amateurs who have a certain amount of basic skills and knowledge. The title is an accurate description of this guide because it really was created for the absolute beginner and therefore is a valuable asset for those who are starting from scratch. The first chapter introduces you to the basic concept of photography and how to navigate your camera’s controls. The next one explains the various modes from portrait to landscape, macro, indoor, and fully automatic. The following chapters delve deeper into capturing images that are crystal clear, well composed, and perfectly lit. From the first page to the last you’ll find a wealth of information that will greatly enhance your enjoyment of this art form and improve the quality of your work.
Aspire Series: 150 Projects to Strengthen Your Photography Skills; by John Easterby; Barron’s; $21.99; (ISBN-13: 978-0-7641-4470-7)
As the title suggests, this guide offers 150 wonderfully creative projects designed to awaken your inner artist. John Easterby covers the basics from equipment to training your eye to see photographically. He then touches upon various genres from fashion to still life, wildlife, street scenes, portraits, and photo essays. Each lesson offers an ample supply of helpful tips, tricks, and advice presented in a format that is easy to understand so you spend less time reading and more time capturing
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Instagram Photographer Hot.Kenobi Uses Action Figures to Create a Humorous, Surreal Universe