LIFE with Mother; by the Editors of LIFE Books; Time Inc. Home Entertainment; $17.95; (ISBN 10: 1-60320-057-6)
This little book features a lovely collection of candid images in black and white and color that explore the ever-lasting bond between mother and child. Captured around the world, the images evoke the same feelings of safety, comfort, and joy, which is certain to make this a treasured addition to your personal library.
Birds of North America; Editor-in-Chief Francois Vuilleumier; DK Publishing; $50; (ISBN: 978-0-7566-4272-3)
This book, in association with the American Museum of Natural History, provides highly detailed information on more than 650 species of birds found in North America. Each is represented by a full-color image and extensive data regarding flight patterns, plumage variations, behavior, nesting, and habitat. This is the perfect resource for nature photographers or anyone who loves birds.
Doug Box’s Guide to Posing for Portrait Photographers; by Doug Box; Amherst Media; $34.95; (ISBN-13: 978-1-58428-248-8)
Noted photographer, instructor, and studio owner Doug Box uses his vast wealth of experience to provide advice on posing your subjects to create a look that is unique and flattering. Box reveals that posing and composition are interconnected and explains how to use them to maximum effect. His guide also covers the correct ways to pose women, men, children, and groups as well as using the right focal length and camera height for each shot. The lessons are paired with 250 color sample images to make learning quick and easy.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Watch Canon Cameras Evolve in This Short Video History Celebrating 30 Years of the EOS System
- Here’s How to Photograph the First Coast-to-Coast Total Eclipse of the Sun Since 1918