LIFE with Mother; by the Editors of LIFE Books; Time Inc. Home Entertainment; $17.95; (ISBN 10: 1-60320-057-6)
This little book features a lovely collection of candid images in black and white and color that explore the ever-lasting bond between mother and child. Captured around the world, the images evoke the same feelings of safety, comfort, and joy, which is certain to make this a treasured addition to your personal library.
Birds of North America; Editor-in-Chief Francois Vuilleumier; DK Publishing; $50; (ISBN: 978-0-7566-4272-3)
This book, in association with the American Museum of Natural History, provides highly detailed information on more than 650 species of birds found in North America. Each is represented by a full-color image and extensive data regarding flight patterns, plumage variations, behavior, nesting, and habitat. This is the perfect resource for nature photographers or anyone who loves birds.
Doug Box’s Guide to Posing for Portrait Photographers; by Doug Box; Amherst Media; $34.95; (ISBN-13: 978-1-58428-248-8)
Noted photographer, instructor, and studio owner Doug Box uses his vast wealth of experience to provide advice on posing your subjects to create a look that is unique and flattering. Box reveals that posing and composition are interconnected and explains how to use them to maximum effect. His guide also covers the correct ways to pose women, men, children, and groups as well as using the right focal length and camera height for each shot. The lessons are paired with 250 color sample images to make learning quick and easy.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Geared Up: Long Glass: My Favorite Telephoto And Zoom Lenses For Getting Close To The Action