Charlie Waite has earned a highly dignified reputation for his beautiful landscapes and this book explores an exciting and dramatically new aspect of his work. The pages are graced with a never seen before collection of 73 gorgeous black and white images that reveal his level of expertise and sharp eye for details. It's a wonderfully fresh look at his work that will take your breath away and I highly recommend picking up a copy for your personal library.
Fantasy Portrait Photography: Creative Techniques And Images; by Kimarie Richardson, Amherst Media, 175 Rano Street, Suite 200, Buffalo, NY 14207; soft cover; 128 pages; $29.95; (ISBN1-58428-124-3)
Kimarie Richardson has a talent for designing wonderfully creative portraits that set her work far beyond the competition. Her book will open the door to fantastic new creative possibilities as she helps you explore the realm of fantasy portraits. Transform your subjects into shining angles, gossamer fairies, ethereal brides, and glamourous 1940s movie stars with the aid of alternative printing techniques and handcoloring. Richardson even provides tips on makeup and costumes while reviewing the types of equipment and settings used to capture each of the 90 sample images. This book is both enlightening and inspiring, I highly recommend testing her techniques for yourself.
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Final Shot: Our Favorite Reader Photo of the Month