Buffalo Bill's Wild West Warriors: A Photographic History
by Gertrude Käsebier; by Michelle Delaney; Smithsonian Books, 160 pages;
$34.95; (ISBN: 978-0-06-112977-3)
In 1898 New York photographer Gertrude Käsebier became fascinated by the proud Sioux performers of Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show. Their breathtaking stunts inspired her to create a series of portraits to captured their grace and power for future generations. Her work is now a part of the Smithsonian collection and this book contains 100 richly detailed portraits, show memorabilia, excerpts from letters, sketches by Native Americans, and informative captions that bring this era of American history to life once again.
Monte Zucker's Portrait Photography Handbook;
by Monte Zucker; Amherst Media, 128 pages; $34.95; (ISBN-13: 978-1-58428-213-6)
Monte Zucker was a celebrated portrait photographer and educator. During the course of his 60-year career, Zucker provided his students with a wealth of both information and inspiration. This guide carries on his work by offering tips on choosing the perfect indoor or outdoor background, proper posing and lighting of the subject for maximum effect, as well as how to compose the shot to get the best exposure. This book is certain to improve the quality of your images and that
makes it a must-have addition to your personal library.
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Nature Photographer Simon Baxter Says Composition, Patience & Perseverance Win the Day (VIDEO)
- How to Make Your Images Pop with Bokeh: Why Blurred Backgrounds Can Make or Break a Photo
- Sigma sd Quattro H Mirrorless Camera Review
- If You’re a Nikon Shooter These Stylin’ High-Top Canvas Sneakers Are the Shoes for You!