Blue Pixel’s Pro Digital Workflow Seminars are the Perfect Complement to Digital SLR Holiday Gifts
Blue Pixel's Pro Digital Workflow Seminars are the Perfect Complement to Digital SLR Holiday Gifts
Professional Photographers and High-Level Amateurs Will Learn to Maximize
Digital Workflow with the Fewest Steps
Excited to use your new digital SLR camera, but confused about where to start? Learn how to get the most out of your digital workflow as talented teacher and professional photographer Kevin Ames kicks off the 2007 leg of Blue Pixel's popular Pro Digital Workflow seminar series in Chicago on January 7. With just five cities left on this nation-wide tour, Ames continues to teach professional and advanced amateur photographers how to get the most out of their digital photography workflow using the fewest steps for the least amount of work.
"These seminars are perfect for photographers who received digital SLRs over the holidays and want to gain professional-level knowledge of concise workflow techniques designed to streamline the entire process while accomplishing more," said Ames. "The tips and techniques that I share with attendees are vital for pros and high-level amateurs wishing to learn the latest skills in workflow to enhance their overall digital experience, allowing them to spend more time shooting with their new digital SLRs, rather than spending hours in front of their computer screens editing."
This one-day seminar will take professionals and advanced amateurs through the process that comes after the photo has been captured -- including downloading and renaming images, adding metadata, backing up photos to secure archives, color management, cataloging, distribution and printing. Every step of the process will be discussed, explained and demonstrated in detail so attendees can improve their own digital imaging experience and get back behind their viewfinders and away from their computers.
Attendees of the seminar will learn how to:
- Transfer hundred of pictures from camera memory cards efficiently to a working
hard drive and a backup drive at the same time
- Rename, add metadata and enhance digital negatives before burning them to permanent media
- Adjust color and exposure in both RAW and JPEG
- Edit photos in Photoshop non-destructively using layers and layer masks
- Learn retouching, black and white conversion and toning techniques in Photoshop
- Professional professional-quality prints using simple color management
- Color-manage your entire workflow simply, from capture to output
- Make storing and cataloging of your photos safe and secure
January 7 Chicago, IL
January 14 Los Angeles, CA
January 28 Baltimore, MD
February 4 San Jose, CA
February 11 New York, NY
*Subject to change
Seminar Registration Details
Individuals interested in attending a Pro Digital Workflow seminar hosted by Kevin Ames should visit www.bluepixel.net/proworkflow to register for an upcoming event. The cost to attend is $99.00 in advance or $129.00 for day-of, walk-in registration.
About Kevin Ames
Kevin Ames is a talented digital photographer and highly respected expert in digital workflow and digital asset management. Ames is a Software Cinema author and past presenter at the National Association of Broadcaster, the Consumer Electronics Show and PhotoPlus Expo. Fotographia Orvieto, Arthouse and The Professional Photographers of Canada National Convention are a small sampling of photography schools and conferences around the world where Ames has taught. He is the author of Adobe Photoshop CS: The Art of Photographing Women, Digital SLR Photography with Photoshop CS2 for Dummies and writes the "Digital Photographer's Notebook" column for Photoshop User magazine.
About Blue Pixel
Blue Pixel, headquartered in Annapolis, Md., is the industry leader in teaching digital photography from an unbiased, real-world perspective. Led by award-winning, professional photographers, Blue Pixel educates and inspires photographers with curriculum customized for every skill level and interest. Founded in 2001, Blue Pixel reaches professional photographers, high-end hobbyists and those just discovering their passion for photography.
- Wild World: Charles Glatzer on How to Stay 10 Steps Ahead as a Wildlife Photographer
- ExploreCams Website Reveals the Most Popular Cameras & Settings Used by Photographers
- The Wolffepack Capture Is a Unique "Orbital" Photo Pack that Swings to the Front. Here's a Preview
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor F/1.4E ED Lens?
- How About These Stunning Images Captured with the New High-Speed AF-S Nikkor f/1.4E ED Lens?