Banff National Park: Alberta, Canada Page 2
Other Nearby Attractions
· Yoho National Park, located within a narrow valley between high wooded mountain slopes in British Columbia, located west of the Great Divide and Banff National Park. 250/343-6783.
· Butchart Gardens, a lush, 55-acre garden in nearby Brentwood Bay. It's definitely worth the short trip from Victoria if you enjoy photographing flora and fauna. 866/652-4422; www.butchartgardens.com
· Victoria, located on Vancouver Island, is a quaint city and the capital of British Columbia. It can be reached via ferry from Washington and other parts of BC. 250/385-5711; www.city.victoria.bc.ca.
July Photo Opportunities in the United States:
Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede Rodeo, Cody, Wyoming
This authentic Western Rodeo features cowboys, rodeo entertainers, parades and more.
Teton Valley Summer Festival, Driggs, Idaho
Featuring hot-air balloons, a Fourth of July celebration, arts and crafts, and much more.
Kutztown Festival, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
This colorful Dutch folklore craft, food, and music festival offers plenty of great photo opportunities.
Big Sky State Games, Billings, Montana
An Olympic-style sports festival, great for photographers who like to shoot sports.
Banff Information Centre 403/762-1550
Lake Louise Info. Centre 403/522-3833
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Need a Portrait Model? Teach a Friend How to Pose Like a Pro with 3 Simple Tips (VIDEO)
- Capture the Beauty of Long Exposures with Your Camera’s Live View Mode and an ND Filter (VIDEO)
- Don’t Fear Off-Camera Flash: Use it to Make Better Outdoor Portraits with This Quick Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Can Printing Your Images Make You a Better Shooter? Here’s Why One Pro Says “YES” (VIDEO)