Banff National Park: Alberta, Canada Page 2
Other Nearby Attractions
· Yoho National Park, located within a narrow valley between high wooded mountain slopes in British Columbia, located west of the Great Divide and Banff National Park. 250/343-6783.
· Butchart Gardens, a lush, 55-acre garden in nearby Brentwood Bay. It's definitely worth the short trip from Victoria if you enjoy photographing flora and fauna. 866/652-4422; www.butchartgardens.com
· Victoria, located on Vancouver Island, is a quaint city and the capital of British Columbia. It can be reached via ferry from Washington and other parts of BC. 250/385-5711; www.city.victoria.bc.ca.
July Photo Opportunities in the United States:
Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede Rodeo, Cody, Wyoming
This authentic Western Rodeo features cowboys, rodeo entertainers, parades and more.
Teton Valley Summer Festival, Driggs, Idaho
Featuring hot-air balloons, a Fourth of July celebration, arts and crafts, and much more.
Kutztown Festival, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
This colorful Dutch folklore craft, food, and music festival offers plenty of great photo opportunities.
Big Sky State Games, Billings, Montana
An Olympic-style sports festival, great for photographers who like to shoot sports.
Banff Information Centre 403/762-1550
Lake Louise Info. Centre 403/522-3833
- How to Shoot Pretty Portraits with a Compact Camera; Manny Ortiz Strips It Down With the Sony RX100 V
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V Compact Camera Review
- Here Are 10 Great Tips & Tricks for Making Precise Selections & Masks in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Sigma 85mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Review: Field Testing Sigma’s Fast “Gateway” Portrait Lens
- Look at These Spectacular Images of the “Underwater Northern Lights” by Nature Shooter Brett Chatwin