Banff National Park: Alberta, Canada Page 2
Other Nearby Attractions
· Yoho National Park, located within a narrow valley between high wooded mountain slopes in British Columbia, located west of the Great Divide and Banff National Park. 250/343-6783.
· Butchart Gardens, a lush, 55-acre garden in nearby Brentwood Bay. It's definitely worth the short trip from Victoria if you enjoy photographing flora and fauna. 866/652-4422; www.butchartgardens.com
· Victoria, located on Vancouver Island, is a quaint city and the capital of British Columbia. It can be reached via ferry from Washington and other parts of BC. 250/385-5711; www.city.victoria.bc.ca.
July Photo Opportunities in the United States:
Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede Rodeo, Cody, Wyoming
This authentic Western Rodeo features cowboys, rodeo entertainers, parades and more.
Teton Valley Summer Festival, Driggs, Idaho
Featuring hot-air balloons, a Fourth of July celebration, arts and crafts, and much more.
Kutztown Festival, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
This colorful Dutch folklore craft, food, and music festival offers plenty of great photo opportunities.
Big Sky State Games, Billings, Montana
An Olympic-style sports festival, great for photographers who like to shoot sports.
Banff Information Centre 403/762-1550
Lake Louise Info. Centre 403/522-3833
- Travel Photographer Captures Gorgeous Long-Exposure Cityscapes at Night and You Can Too
- Checking Out the New Canon EOS M5 Flagship Mirrorless Camera at PhotoPlus Expo (Video)
- Here’s How to Create Believable Photos of People Levitating: No Magical Powers Required
- Former Surfer Creates Extraordinary Photographs of the World’s Ever-Changing Oceans
- Canon Intros EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera with Faster Autofocus & Built-In Electronic Viewfinder