Banff National Park: Alberta, Canada Page 2
Other Nearby Attractions
· Yoho National Park, located within a narrow valley between high wooded mountain slopes in British Columbia, located west of the Great Divide and Banff National Park. 250/343-6783.
· Butchart Gardens, a lush, 55-acre garden in nearby Brentwood Bay. It's definitely worth the short trip from Victoria if you enjoy photographing flora and fauna. 866/652-4422; www.butchartgardens.com
· Victoria, located on Vancouver Island, is a quaint city and the capital of British Columbia. It can be reached via ferry from Washington and other parts of BC. 250/385-5711; www.city.victoria.bc.ca.
July Photo Opportunities in the United States:
Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede Rodeo, Cody, Wyoming
This authentic Western Rodeo features cowboys, rodeo entertainers, parades and more.
Teton Valley Summer Festival, Driggs, Idaho
Featuring hot-air balloons, a Fourth of July celebration, arts and crafts, and much more.
Kutztown Festival, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
This colorful Dutch folklore craft, food, and music festival offers plenty of great photo opportunities.
Big Sky State Games, Billings, Montana
An Olympic-style sports festival, great for photographers who like to shoot sports.
Banff Information Centre 403/762-1550
Lake Louise Info. Centre 403/522-3833
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- Medium Tools: My Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses, And Accessories
- Help the Rescued Film Project Process & Restore a Treasure Trove of Film Shot in the 1950s (VIDEO)