I collect arrows. No, not the kind with feather fletching that archers launch from bows. I collect images of arrows, mainly those painted on pavement. I guess I have hundreds of them, but sadly they’re scattered all over the place because I didn’t realize I was collecting them until a couple years ago.
The double arrow above was captured with an Olympus Pen E-P1.
You should collect something. Flags. Dogs. Parking meters. It’s helpful and productive for photographers to work within a theme or self-assignment.
- Our Pick: The 10 Best Lenses for Mirrorless Cameras
- Create Dynamic “Rain” Portraits on the Cheap with a Manual-Focus Lens and a Garden Hose (VIDEO)
- Canon Unveils 30.4MP 5D Mark IV DSLR & Two Lenses; We Take It For a Test Drive (VIDEO)
- 7 Photographic Mistakes I Still Make
- Our Favorite Reader Websites: 3 Great Online Photo Portfolios that Make Every Click Count