I am looking for a software application for producing a photo image album or slideshow that can be put on DVD and be run stand alone on a computer. My requirements are as follows:
1. Must handle multiple sub-albums so that I can separately display different locations or dates of a trip.
2. Must provide for both manual control (click to advance to next image) and an automated slide show which changes images at specified time frames.
3. Must provide for no transitions; i.e., each image pops up without zooming or rotating, etc. Transitions must be considered optional.
4. Must be reasonably responsive in displaying high resolution jpg images. Some that I have tried are just too darn slow.
5. Must render high quality jpg images. The package Photo Album which I have used for some years does a terrible job rendering good quality images, although it meets the other criteria quite well.
6. Music and/or voice-over capabilities over are optional.
7. Must run under WIN XP.
8. I prefer not using a software that emulates a virtual page turning photo album, although the only two packages I have found so far use that presentation.
I have searched using Google, but the only ones that come close are Flip Album which uses virtual page turning and a package called Diji which is both incredibly slow and uses virtual page turning.
Any recommendations that I could exlore?