Alien Skin Software's Snap Art 4
Snap Art 4 can render hundreds of styles and media, such as oil paint, pencil sketch, watercolor, and crayon. It mimics the techniques of human artists, such as layered brush strokes and enhancement of important edges. Snap Art takes care of all the tedious work of drawing brush strokes. For more control, the masking tool can bring out extra detail in areas that need it.
“Using Snap Art 4 simply requires a creative idea, not hand-eye coordination or technical training,” said Terence Tay, designer of the new Snap Art 4 software. “Thanks to Snap Art 4’s realistic effects, even aspiring photographers can create prints that are worthy of hanging in a gallery.”
Snap Art 4’s user interface was completely rewritten to make it easy to create great artwork. Across the board, everything in Snap Art is faster and moreresponsive. The modern dark color scheme reduces distractions around the image. The new visual preset browser shows how each preset will look when applied to an image. In addition, favorites and recently used presets are just a click away.
Snap Art 4 integrates with many popular photography tools: Adobe® Photoshop®, Lightroom®, and now Apple® Aperture®. Snap Art 4 can now also be launched as a standalone application.
Pricing and Availability
Snap Art 4 will be available in November 2013 through www.alienskin.com for $99 USD. Owners of earlier versions of Snap Art may upgrade for $69 USD. Free upgrades will be automatically sent to everyone who purchased Snap Art 3 directly from Alien Skin Software in August 2013 or later.
Snap Art 4 may be used as a standalone program or a plug-in. When it is used as a plug-in it requires one of the following host applications:
● Adobe Photoshop CS6, or CC
● Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 or newer
● Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 or newer
● Apple Aperture 3 or newer
- Fog-Chasing Photographer Spent 18 Months Making This Enchanting 4K Time Lapse of Mt. Tamalpais
- Meet Luminar: A New, Full-Featured Image-Editing Program for Mac Users for Only $59
- “A Sharper Scaling” is a Free Photoshop Alternative for Upscaling Photos & Enhancing Quality
- Hands-On with Nikon’s Two New Premium Nikkor Lenses at PhotoPlus Expo (VIDEO)
- View the Gorgeous Early Entries in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition