Alien Skin Software Releases Exposure Plug-In
Enabling users to evoke the vivid colors of Velvia, the rich blacks of Kodachrome, or the sensitivity of Ektachrome, Exposure includes presets that emulate both color and black-and-white film stocks. Exposure adds realistic grain separately to the shadows, mid-tones, and highlights of an image, and makes gamma correction and contrast changes less intimidating by adding high level contrast, highlight and shadow controls to curves editing.
The plug-in also reproduces key studio and darkroom effects such as cross processing, push processing, and glamour portrait softening. Exposure encourages non-destructive editing, allowing users to render an adjusted image as a new layer in Photoshop. The product's advanced preview system includes an optional, split screen preview in addition to a before/after button. For more information visit www.alienskin.com.
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Watch Canon Cameras Evolve in This Short Video History Celebrating 30 Years of the EOS System
- Here’s How to Photograph the First Coast-to-Coast Total Eclipse of the Sun Since 1918
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time