Alien Skin Software Releases Exposure Plug-In
Enabling users to evoke the vivid colors of Velvia, the rich blacks of Kodachrome, or the sensitivity of Ektachrome, Exposure includes presets that emulate both color and black-and-white film stocks. Exposure adds realistic grain separately to the shadows, mid-tones, and highlights of an image, and makes gamma correction and contrast changes less intimidating by adding high level contrast, highlight and shadow controls to curves editing.
The plug-in also reproduces key studio and darkroom effects such as cross processing, push processing, and glamour portrait softening. Exposure encourages non-destructive editing, allowing users to render an adjusted image as a new layer in Photoshop. The product's advanced preview system includes an optional, split screen preview in addition to a before/after button. For more information visit www.alienskin.com.
- Medium Tools: Our Favorite Medium Format Cameras, Lenses & Accessories
- Photographer Uses GoPro to Demonstrate the Collodion Process Invented in 1851 (VIDEO)
- How I Opened My Own Photo Gallery (And Lived to Tell the Tale!)
- 6 Photographers Capture Same Person But Results Vary Widely Because of a Twist (VIDEO)
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer