Alien Skin Software Releases Exposure Plug-In
Enabling users to evoke the vivid colors of Velvia, the rich blacks of Kodachrome, or the sensitivity of Ektachrome, Exposure includes presets that emulate both color and black-and-white film stocks. Exposure adds realistic grain separately to the shadows, mid-tones, and highlights of an image, and makes gamma correction and contrast changes less intimidating by adding high level contrast, highlight and shadow controls to curves editing.
The plug-in also reproduces key studio and darkroom effects such as cross processing, push processing, and glamour portrait softening. Exposure encourages non-destructive editing, allowing users to render an adjusted image as a new layer in Photoshop. The product's advanced preview system includes an optional, split screen preview in addition to a before/after button. For more information visit www.alienskin.com.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)