Alien Skin Software Announces Blow Up 3
"Our best achievement in Blow Up 3 is image sharpness," said Terence Tay, the designer of Blow Up. "Even huge prints don't have any traditional computery artifacts."
Anyone who has enlarged a photo with traditional software has experienced the disappointment of blurry details and jagged edges. Blow Up 3 keeps edges sharp and smooth, even more so than in version 2. Especially in large prints hung on a wall, the difference between Blow Up and Photoshop is astounding. Blow Up does output sharpening depending on your paper type to make sure prints are crystal clear.
Blow Up is now simpler to use. If you understand Photoshop's resize command then you already know how to use Blow Up. Blow Up is even easier because it comes with presets for standard paper sizes.
Blow Up now works in Lightroom, which is where many pro photographers spend their time. Those pros will also enjoy Blow Up's new faster speed when they are enlarging batches of photos.
Pricing and Availability
Blow Up 3 will be available in November 2011 through www.alienskin.com for $199 USD. That is a price drop of $50 from version 2. Owners of Blow Up 1 or 2 may upgrade for $99 USD. Free upgrades will be automatically sent to everyone who purchased Blow Up 2 directly from Alien Skin Software in July 2011 or later.
- Venus Optics Just Introduced the Weirdest Lens You’ve Ever Seen: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Macro
- Take a Gander at the Massive Tamron 150-600mm Superzoom Lens that Debuted at Photokina
- Light Touch: Joe McNally On How to Use Multiple Speedlights to Capture Eye-Popping Portraits
- The Leica Lens Saga; An Interview With Peter Karbe
- GoPro Launches Their First Drone and Two New Hero5 Action Cameras with Raw Capture Mode