Alien Skin Blow Up 3
“Our best achievement in Blow Up 3 is image sharpness,” said Terence Tay, the designer of Blow Up. “Even huge prints don’t have any traditional computery artifacts.”
Anyone who has enlarged a photo with traditional software has experienced the disappointment of blurry details and jagged edges. Blow Up 3 keeps edges sharp and smooth, even more so than in version 2. Especially in large prints hung on a wall, the difference between Blow Up and Photoshop is astounding. Blow Up does output sharpening depending on your paper type to make sure prints are crystal clear.
Blow Up is now simpler to use. If you understand Photoshop’s resize command then you already know how to use Blow Up. Blow Up is even easier because it comes with presets for standard paper sizes.
Blow Up now works in Lightroom, which is where many pro photographers spend their time. Those pros will also enjoy Blow Up’s new faster speed when they are enlarging batches of photos.
Pricing and Availability
Blow Up 3 will be available in November 2011 through www.alienskin.com for $199 USD. That is a price drop of $50 from version 2. Owners of Blow Up 1 or 2 may upgrade for $99 USD. Free upgrades will be automatically sent to everyone who purchased Blow Up 2 directly from Alien Skin Software in July 2011 or later.
Blow Up 3 is a plug-in and requires one of the following host applications:
· Adobe Photoshop CS4 or later
· Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 or later
· Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 or later
Microsoft Windows Windows Vista or later.
Apple Macintosh Mac OS X 10.6 or later.
An Intel Core 2 processor or compatible is required.
A monitor with 1024x768 resolution or greater is required.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- Exploring Fujifilm’s ACROS Film Simulation Mode