Alien Skin’s Exposure; A Film Simulator For Digital Photographers Page 2
There have been well-founded concerns about film selection narrowing, a fear that has been realized with the recent departure of Agfa and Konica from the filmmaking scene. There's also little doubt that the remaining filmmakers will be slimming down the offerings. Alien Skin's Exposure lets digital shooters explore a number of fascinating imaging options, all with push-button ease. And the image matches are at times uncanny, as if you had scanned the actual film in the proffered emulsion emulations. But the experience, at least to an old film shooter, is like looking into the eyes of a cloned animal or tasting hybrid corn. It's interesting and somewhat amazing, but also kind of spooky.
Exposure lists for $199 ($99 for registered users of any previous versions of Alien Skin products). For more information, contact Alien Skin Software, LLC, 1111 Haynes St., Ste. 113, Raleigh, NC 27604; (888) 921-7546, (919) 832-4124; www.alienskin.com.
Systems: Mac OS X 10.3.8 or later; Windows 2000 or XP
Software: Photoshop 7.0 or later; Elements 2.0 or later
- These Are the Jaw-Dropping Winners of the 2016 Monochrome Awards Photography Contest
- Don’t Screw Up: Here’s the Correct Way to Use a Reflector for Better Outdoor Portraits (VIDEO)
- This Happened When Kristina Makeeva Took a Stroll on the Deepest, Cleanest Lake On Earth
- Fujifilm Announces Pricing, Availability & Lenses for GFX 50S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera
- Nature Photographer James Zwadlo Creates a Different Reality with His Unique Infrared Images