AgfaPhoto Opens Annual Photo Competition With Theme of 'Insights Into the Human Condition: Body Language'
Photographers can find information on entering the competition at AgfaPhoto's specially created Internet site, www.agfaphoto.com/bw-competition. Entrants have until August 12 to send in their photos.
"This year's theme, focusing on body language, provides a truly classic subject for photographers, inviting them to explore the virtually unlimited possibilities of the human form," said Bing Liem, President and CEO of AgfaPhoto North America. "The competition is designed to inspire photographers from all over the world to creatively capture images of the human body and especially the face. This means an involvement with human nature in its purest form: the face conveys emotions, while the body manifests power and movement. The competition thus promises to reveal deep insights into the human condition."
Prizes will be awarded for the top dozen photos. First, second and third place will receive cash prizes of 5000, 3000 and 1500 euros. The next nine winners will each receive 500 euros. For a one-year period, AgfaPhoto will also display the top three winning photographs worldwide on the packaging of its Multicontrast paper. All twelve winning images will be displayed on an Internet site and in a large-format 2006 calendar.
"This year's competition once again demonstrates our commitment to photographers
who are devoted to analog black-and-white photography and its special aesthetic
standards," said Liem. "As always, our policy is to be a reliable
partner providing first-class products to meet their needs."
- Take a Minute to Watch These 5 Fun Camera Hacks Using Stuff You Already Have at Home (VIDEO)
- Underexposed Portraits? They’re Easy to Fix with This 5-Minute Lightroom Tutorial (VIDEO)
- Watch Canon Cameras Evolve in This Short Video History Celebrating 30 Years of the EOS System
- Here’s How to Photograph the First Coast-to-Coast Total Eclipse of the Sun Since 1918
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time