Adobe DNG Update
The Adobe DNG specification addresses the lack of an open standard for raw files created by individual camera models, helping to ensure that photographers will be able to access their files in the future. DNG is a publicly documented and readily available specification that can easily be adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate future technological changes.
This update addresses several industry requirements in the DNG format, including formalization of the concept of a "camera profile" and allowance for multiple camera profiles to be embedded in a single DNG file, producing the desired image results in a streamlined and efficient workflow. Additional metadata tags have been defined for the DNG format, including a field to indicate the integrity of the raw data within the file, providing a valuable tool to validate the safety of photographers'image data. The DNG SDK has also been updated to reflect the changes to the specification.
Adobe DNG Converter is available as a free download at www.adobe.com/dng. The DNG Codec for Windows Vista is only compatible with Windows Vista 32-bit editions and is available as a free download at www.labs.adobe.com.
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEOS)
- Watch Photographer Ilko Allexandroff Get Beautiful Portraits of a Model During a Rain Storm (VIDEO)
- Deep Cover: My 10 Favorite Stealth Photo Tools for Capturing "The Decisive Moment"
- 10 Simple Tips on How to Turn Amateur-Looking Photos Into Pro-Quality Images (VIDEO)
- Brandon Stanton’s Humans of New York: The Power of Storytelling In Documentary Photography