Adobe DNG Update
The Adobe DNG specification addresses the lack of an open standard for raw files created by individual camera models, helping to ensure that photographers will be able to access their files in the future. DNG is a publicly documented and readily available specification that can easily be adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate future technological changes.
This update addresses several industry requirements in the DNG format, including formalization of the concept of a "camera profile" and allowance for multiple camera profiles to be embedded in a single DNG file, producing the desired image results in a streamlined and efficient workflow. Additional metadata tags have been defined for the DNG format, including a field to indicate the integrity of the raw data within the file, providing a valuable tool to validate the safety of photographers'image data. The DNG SDK has also been updated to reflect the changes to the specification.
Adobe DNG Converter is available as a free download at www.adobe.com/dng. The DNG Codec for Windows Vista is only compatible with Windows Vista 32-bit editions and is available as a free download at www.labs.adobe.com.
- Watch Ansel Adams’ Son Discuss How His Father Made His Most Famous Photo (VIDEO)
- FilmToaster Scanner Review
- Always Remember to Take a Good Look: How to See What’s Right in Front of You as a Photographer
- Tamron SP 85mm f/1.8 Di VC USD Lens Review
- Hasselblad Launches World’s First Compact Mirrorless Digital Medium Format Camera: the 50MP X1D