Adobe DNG Update
The Adobe DNG specification addresses the lack of an open standard for raw files created by individual camera models, helping to ensure that photographers will be able to access their files in the future. DNG is a publicly documented and readily available specification that can easily be adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate future technological changes.
This update addresses several industry requirements in the DNG format, including formalization of the concept of a "camera profile" and allowance for multiple camera profiles to be embedded in a single DNG file, producing the desired image results in a streamlined and efficient workflow. Additional metadata tags have been defined for the DNG format, including a field to indicate the integrity of the raw data within the file, providing a valuable tool to validate the safety of photographers'image data. The DNG SDK has also been updated to reflect the changes to the specification.
Adobe DNG Converter is available as a free download at www.adobe.com/dng. The DNG Codec for Windows Vista is only compatible with Windows Vista 32-bit editions and is available as a free download at www.labs.adobe.com.
- You Can Make Your Images Better by NOT Doing These 10 Things in Photoshop (VIDEO)
- Getting Started in Photoshop? Here’s How to Use Layer Masks to Edit Difficult Images (VIDEO)
- Take Better Portraits in Direct Sunlight with This Tutorial from Fashion Pro Lou Freeman (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- These Stunning Images Are the 10 Category Winners in the 2017 Sony World Photography Awards Competition