Adobe DNG Update
The Adobe DNG specification addresses the lack of an open standard for raw files created by individual camera models, helping to ensure that photographers will be able to access their files in the future. DNG is a publicly documented and readily available specification that can easily be adopted by camera manufacturers and updated to accommodate future technological changes.
This update addresses several industry requirements in the DNG format, including formalization of the concept of a "camera profile" and allowance for multiple camera profiles to be embedded in a single DNG file, producing the desired image results in a streamlined and efficient workflow. Additional metadata tags have been defined for the DNG format, including a field to indicate the integrity of the raw data within the file, providing a valuable tool to validate the safety of photographers'image data. The DNG SDK has also been updated to reflect the changes to the specification.
Adobe DNG Converter is available as a free download at www.adobe.com/dng. The DNG Codec for Windows Vista is only compatible with Windows Vista 32-bit editions and is available as a free download at www.labs.adobe.com.
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More