This “staged” photo reminds me of all the times I would attempt to hit an errant golf ball out of the water, rather than taking the two-stroke penalty. Most of the time the ball stayed put, I became soaked, and I would achieve a score of an 8 or 9 on a hole instead of a 4 or 5, had I just simply taken the two-stroke penalty. I have long since given up golf and am now a photo enthusiast.
I took this photo at my house, using a plastic aquarium and some foliage for the effect. The golf club was stationary in the water as I dropped the ball for the splash. While many “splash photos” can be taken with multiple flashes, I used only two 150-watt halogen lamps for the lighting.
Tampa , FL
Please Read This
The premise of “Talking Pictures” is that every picture has a story. We invite you to send quality prints (only) and a short narrative on why you took the picture or how, in retrospect, it brings up thoughts and feelings about the subject.
We do not return submissions. By sending us an image and text you grant us permission to publish it in this magazine and on our website. If you have any questions, please e-mail us at: email@example.com.
Send submissions to: Talking Pictures, Shutterbug, 1415 Chaffee Dr., Suite #10, Titusville, FL 32780.
- Bay Photo Lab’s Xpozer Photo Wall Display Review
- Is Olympus Planning a Whopping 300-500mm F/2.8-4 Lens for Micro Four Thirds Cameras?
- Ask A Pro: Scott Kelby Answers Your Photography Questions
- Seagate Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity Hard Drive with Room for All Your Images, Videos & More
- Sony A6300 Mirrorless Camera Review