Phase One Releases Capture One 6
Capture One 6 converts raw digital image files from professional digital medium format systems and more than 170 different digital camera models into the most beautiful photographs. Based on the world’s most advanced image processing engine, Capture One Pro 6 supports a comprehensive digital workflow with opportunities to capture, convert, organize, edit, share and print images with excellent color and detail rendition.
Capture One Pro 6 has been built to support an upcoming iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch application called Capture Pilot(TM) that will allow you to wirelessly view, zoom in on, and pan high resolution RAW, JPEG and TIFF images from leading DSLR and medium format camera systems.
A few of the new features in Capture One Pro 6:- Local adjustments – edit selected areas of images non-destructively;
- Black and white conversion -- precisely adjust color channels to create split toning effects when converting to grayscale;
- Keystone correction -- reduces or eliminates perspective distortion while maintaining dimension integrity;
- High-quality, simple to use printing options.
Also available in Capture One Express 6:
The basic version of Capture One is now called Capture One Express. It is a complete yet simplified raw workflow software, ideal for enthusiast photographers. It shares many of the new features in Capture One Pro 6, such as:
- Enhanced metadata support including XMP sync, Auto Load and a GPS link to Google Maps(TM);
- A Loupe tool, which is a powerful magnifier to zoom into an image from 25 to 200 percent;
- Integrated movie import, viewing and handling;
- Search and filter that makes it easy to find, sort and organize images on the fly;
- Advanced, token-based file naming;
- Native 64-bit operation and OpenCL/GPU acceleration for substantially improved performance.
For a complete list of all new features, please see http://www.phaseone.com/features.
For a comparison between Capture One Express 6 and Capture One Pro 6 please see: www.phaseone.com/comparison.
Phase One’s sole focus is photography. As the leading maker of professional medium format camera systems, it is known for its technical innovation and long-term experience in helping the world’s top photographers to achieve the highest possible image quality.
Besides supporting Phase One and selected Leaf and Mamiya medium format cameras, Phase One has developed tailor-made camera profiles in Capture One to support more than 170 different digital camera models, including those from Canon, Epson, Fuji, Konica, Minolta, Leica, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Ricoh and Sony.
Capture One 6 adds support for Canon 60D and S95. For a complete list of supported camera systems, please see http://www.phaseone.com/camerasupport.
Availability and Pricing
Capture One 6 for Mac and for Windows is commercially available in two versions: Capture One Express 6 and Capture One Pro 6.
Capture One Pro 6 is available via download for 399 USD through Phase One’s Online Store www.phaseone.com/store and through leading professional photography dealers worldwide. Capture One Express 6 is available for 129 USD via www.phaseone.com/store. Capture One Pro 6 and Express 6 are paid upgrades to previous versions of Capture One. Upgrade prices start at 69 USD.
The Capture Pilot(TM) application will be free, and Phase One will advise when it is available for download.
Please visit Phase One’s Online Store www.phaseone.com/store for other upgrade options.
- Learn How to Make Great Portraits On the Cheap with Three Simple Setups from Nathan Elson (VIDEO)
- Freebie Alert: Get the “National Geographic Guide to Photography” with This Free PDF Download
- Bentley Is at It Again with This 57,700-Megapixel Interactive Image of Their Luxury Car in Dubai
- Our 10 Favorite Film Cameras of All Time
- This Landscape Tutorial Takes You to Death Valley with Nature Photographer Ben Horne (VIDEO)