Spark lets photographers capture creative images in-camera that have a sweet spot of focus surrounded by beautiful artistic blur. It is a manual focus lens that provides a fun, tactile shooting experience. Photographers squeeze to focus, and tilt to move the “sweet spot” of focus around the image.
“Spark sprouted from Lensbaby’s fun and creative roots,” said Craig Strong, Lensbaby Chief Creative Officer and Co-Founder. “We crafted Spark for photographers who look to go beyond their predictable kit lens and experiment with visual spontaneity in-camera.”
This new Lensbaby speaks to youthful, adventurous photographers looking for fun, creative tools to help tell their unique story. Indomitable photographers who harness energy and inspiration by capturing the magic of fleeting moments through their camera lenses will find a kindred spirit in Spark. Whether documenting their experiences on vacation or their daily escapades in their own hometown, Spark is designed to help young, creative photographers express themselves.
Spark is a lightweight lens with a unique 50mm selective focus multi-coated glass doublet optic. The optic features an f/5.6 fixed aperture providing ease of use for new Lensbaby enthusiasts.
Lensbaby Spark Product Specs:
Focal Length: 50mm
Aperture: fixed f/5.6
Optic: multi-coated glass doublet
Focus type: manualSweet spot, selective focus lens (creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradually increasing blur)
Available for Canon and Nikon mount DSLRs
Focusing range: approximately 13” (33 cm) to infinity
Compatible with Lensbaby Optic Swap System and all Lensbaby 37mm threaded accessory lenses
- Getty Photographers Covering the Upcoming Rio Olympics Won’t Be Hurting for High-End Gear
- Watch This Slow Mo Video Shot at 1000 Frames per Second and Try Not to Laugh: We Dare You!
- Need Help with Adobe Lightroom? This Helpful Six-Minute Video Tutorial Covers All the Basics
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Geared Up: Long Glass: My Favorite Telephoto And Zoom Lenses For Getting Close To The Action