Lexar Announces Support for XQD Memory Card Specification
“By collaborating with Lexar, we’re reinforcing the fact that the XQD specification represents one of the futures of high-performance memory cards,” said Nobuaki Sasagaki, General Manager of marketing department, Imaging Company, Nikon Corporation. “Our cooperation efforts demonstrate the vision shared by Nikon and Lexar to continue advancing the photography and imaging market with innovative technology and extremely high performance.”
“We are committed to offering innovative and industry-leading photography solutions, which is why we’re working with Nikon to offer and co-market XQD memory cards. We view the XQD standard as one of the most logical ways to increase interface speed beyond that of existing CompactFlash technology with the capability of offering performance up to 5Gb per second, in time,” said Wes Brewer, vice president of products and technology, Lexar. “This collaboration provides assured compatibility with Lexar XQD memory cards and Nikon D4 and makes this technology available to the entire photo industry.”
XQD memory cards are based on the PCI Express® specification, which offers 2.5Gb per second performance today with plans for 5Gb per second performance in the future.
- Nikon Unveils AF-S Nikkor 105mm F/1.4E ED to Celebrate 100 Million Lens Milestone
- Why We Love Modern Retro-Style Cameras
- Long Glass: Our Favorite Telephoto and Zoom Lenses for Getting Close to the Action
- Does Microsoft’s "Intelligent" New Pix iPhone Photo App Beat Apple at Their Own Game?
- Check Out this Weird $1 Solution For Making Dramatic Long-Exposure Photographs (VIDEO)